Senior Data Engineer position | Opportunity within the Norwegian Government | Oslo, Norway
I am delighted to present a fantastic new opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to join a dynamic Data and Analytics department within the Norwegian Government. They are currently transforming the way their department work with and utilize their data, starting with a brand new modern Data Platform and new team of highly skilled professionals.
As a core part of the team you would work within the Business Intelligence side, working closely with cross-functional teams to design, build, and maintain robust data pipelines, analytics platforms and data-driven applications, which will drive decision making and processes to improve the efficiency of the whole department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the design, development, and maintenance of scalable data pipelines and ETL processes to ingest, transform, and store large volumes of transportation related data from various sources.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Analysts, and Stakeholders to understand requirements, and identify opportunities for data-driven insights.
- Architect and implement Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, and other storage solutions.
- Utilize cloud based technologies to build and deploy data infrastructure.
- Mentor junior team members and contribute to the continuous improvement of engineer practices and methodologies.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience with a proven track record of delivering complex data projects.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala, as well as experience with SQL and Data Modeling techniques.
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms such as GCP, Azure, or AWS.
- Fluency in Norwegian and English is a must.
What can they offer you?
- Competitive salary package.
- Fantastic benefits scheme with a great pension, and excellent loan options with lower interest rates.
- Hybrid working with a big focus on work life balance.
- Excellent environment to continue to learn and improve your skills on a day to day basis.
- Team lead and Manager opportunities also available.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss the position in more detail within 48 hours of receiving your CV. Please assume your application has been unsuccessful if you do not hear back from us within 48 hours.